Acai: How to
Smoothie bowls have officially changed since I have been introduced to acai. There are loads of health benefits to the superfood, acai. It's rich in antioxidants, immune boosting, helps digestion and skin health, among other things. Acai bowls are extremely refreshing and a perfect pre or post workout snack.
These bowls are a necessity once a week for me. Here is a quick how to:
- Get your ingredients ready
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 1/4 cup fresh berries (strawberries or blueberries)
- 2 TBSP Acai Powder
- 1/8 cup - 1/4 cup almond milk
The frozen fruit is key, along with as little liquid as possible to keep it thick.
2. Set up a picture layout (if you plan to take a photo of the bowl)
I am no where near a food photographer. However, whenever I am making something that can quickly melt or change it's original look, I like to play with the setup of the photo before blending.
3. Blend it all up!
4. Pour it in your bowl and one of my favorites: HAVE FUN with the toppings! I always have granola and fruit on my acai bowls & I love what vanilla greek yogurt does for the flavor. Other go to's: chia seeds, bee pollen, flax seed, almond butter, squarebars, the possibilities are endless!
5. Lastly -- CHOW DOWN and ENJOY! I honestly get excited every time I get to mess up all the toppings in the bowl and dig in!